Sunday, December 21, 2008

A CHRISTMAS message

I was so impressed with this message today...I wanted to leave these thoughts during this Christmas season. Christmas gifts suggested by President Howard W. Hunter:

  • Give to your enemy forgiveness,
  • To your opponent tolerance,
  • To your friend your heart,
  • To all men charity, for the hands that help
  • Are holier than the lips that pray,
  • To every child a good example.
  • and to yourself--respect

This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.

Christmas is a celebration, and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of its true meaning--with the sudden stirring of the heart that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most.

I love the words in these thoughts!!! Our family wrote down gifts this evening of things that we would like to give to the Savior this year. I loved to think about what I could do for the Savior, after all he has given me and my family. I am so grateful for this time to have my thoughts turn solely to him...as he is always there for me. What a beautiful time of year. May we all enjoy this season. Merry Christmas!