Friday, January 16, 2009

Here he is...my one and only...

Going through thoughts of the beginning of a new year...I resolved that I need to pick up some more quality time with my adorable husband. Chad has been extremely busy these last few years...owning his own business, Bishop of our ward, a member of the National Advisory Board that resolves problems and issues related to work (which is almost always out of state). A coach and bystander of his kids sports teams and his daughters musicals, a wonderful husband, father....and most of all the BEST forever friend...I feel so blessed to have. The only problem has been quality time together and really finding it and making it matter. I had this idea, since we both like to work out only we are usually on a 2 hour lapse schedule, with me tending to everything else and then exercising. I thought I would try extremely hard to workout with my favorite person and we could start the day off right....together!
Well, getting up a little earlier was a little bit of a challenge, but not as hard as I expected, since how I most definitely am not the greatest morning person. The pounding on the pavement for miles on end brought back fond memories of why running is my least favorite form of exercising! It all came back to me as I was trying so hard to carry on a conversation in between the gulps of air. I figure I can at least attempt his form of exercising, since he has done several workout tapes and counseled me on lifting weights and laughed at me when I'm in some weird yoga move or kickboxing to some strange music. Ever since I have known Chad he hasn't missed a day of running. I so wish I could have that drive! He says it's so he can eat anything and enjoy...Well I have decided I would love to always be able to run with my kids and hopefully grand kids...so I will give this a shot, but I am currently NOT loving my lungs that feel like they are going to explode in the process.. With all of the pain, and sweat...and discomfort...I have to remember QUALITY TIME...quality...at least we are doing things together. Although I am definitely looking forward to the early morning visits WAY MORE than the knee splints and freezing cold air as I try to catch my breathe. What can I say...I LOVE MY MAN! Time together is a blessing, let's just hope I survive!